As featured on
Two opponents of the Janesville City Council's decision to remove the Monterey Dam are running for election.
Six candidates—including three incumbents—are running for three Janesville City Council seats up for grabs this spring.
The six candidates running for Janesville City Council gave city staff grades ranging from A to C during a forum Thursday, with the three incumbents offering the highest praise.
Featured special section
Dec 18Marshall Middle School
Dec 18Parker High School
Dec 18Pontiac Convention Center
Dec 18Edgerton Hospital, Classroom D
Dec 18Hedberg Public Library
- Janesville School Board committee recommends studying compensation
- Public record for Dec. 18, 2018
- Parkview's hot-shooting spurt, three-game win streak end against Deerfield
- Bucks hold on late for 107-104 win over Pistons
- Then and Now: Snowy night on East Milwaukee Street
- Four people interested so far in four Janesville City Council seats
- Our Views: Mourning the loss of community
- Trinity Episcopal plans quiet church service
- City seeks help locating people who dumped glass, debris
- Other Views: Republicans need a lesson in sportsmanship
- Two in jail after reported armed robbery in Whitewater
- Janesville woman claims malpractice in ovary removal
- Lake Geneva woman pleads guilty to spending school PTO funds on Amazon
- Basketball Weekly: Is it time to drop the 3-man officiating crew?
- Woman sues city after being kicked out of Janesville's rent assistance program
- Delavan man arrested in two town of Delavan house fires
- Our Views: District should scrutinize its open lunch policy
- Police, agencies team up to lead homeless out of the woods
- 'The hardest part:' Foster parents take in drug-exposed children
- Death notices for Dec. 12, 2018