The Gazette in Janesville, Wisconsin, is an award-winning newspaper covering Rock and Walworth counties. The Gazette was named Wisconsin’s Newspaper of the Year four years in a row and GazetteXtra.com the state’s best newspaper website six out of the last eight years.
The Gazette and GazetteXtra.com feature news, sports, opinion, features and blogs under one unifying idea: Local matters.
The Gazette is the oldest business in Janesville.
Levi Alden and Z.A. Stoddard launched The Janesville Gazette in 1845 as a weekly newspaper with 300 subscribers. Howard F. Bliss acquired the company in 1883 and passed it to his son Harry H. Bliss in 1919. Harry's sons Sidney H. and Robert W. succeeded their father in 1937. Skip Bliss acquired the company as publisher and president in 1992. Adams Publishing Group acquired the newspaper in 2019.
GazetteXtra.com launched in 1997. The Gazette can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/JanesvilleGazette.
Click on the poll question to view the full results.
Click on the poll question below to view the choices and full results.
Oct 18Old National Bank
Oct 18Chazen Museum of Art
Oct 18Skelly's Farm Market
Oct 18Faith Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall
Oct 18St. John's Lutheran church
- Hightower: Mega merger makes mega mess
- Shapiro: Beto says the quiet part out loud
- Beloit native designs, paints giant MillerCoors mural
- Town of Linn drone helps find suicidal person
- Cohen: Democrats' Trojan horse carrying an iron fist
- Harrop: The only thing over for coal country is coal
- Guest Views: Hosting the G-7 summit as his flagging Doral resort could bring Trump a massive windfall
- KANDU serves up fish fry for veterans
- Warhawks notebook: Oles' passing in poor conditions, rushing abilities have kept him at top of QB depth chart
- Milton football coach Wedig earns coaching honor on Monday Night Football
- Milton High School prepares for transition to trimester schedule in 2020
- In tight local housing market, homeless man lives in backyard tent
- Janesville Mall hypes plan for ‘family activity center’ in former Boston Store
- ‘It’s all we have’: Lawyer asks for prison so client can receive addiction treatment
- Death notices for Oct. 15, 2019
- Death notices for Oct. 16, 2019
- Death notices for Oct. 13, 2019
- High water again stymies Milwaukee Street Bridge project
- Death notices for Oct. 17, 2019
- Death notices for Oct. 14, 2019
- Rock Valley Conference cross country meet
- Evansville defeats Big Foot 40-14
- Warhawks top Eau Claire in WIAC football opener
- Scenes from Week 6 of the high school football season
- State-ranked rivals Elkhorn, Delavan-Darien meet on soccer field
- Janesville Little Theatre celebrates 90 years
- Top sports photos for September 2019