The Gazette in Janesville, Wisconsin, is an award-winning newspaper covering Rock and Walworth counties. The Gazette was named Wisconsin’s Newspaper of the Year four years in a row and GazetteXtra.com the state’s best newspaper website six out of the last eight years.
The Gazette and GazetteXtra.com feature news, sports, opinion, features and blogs under one unifying idea: Local matters.
The Gazette is the oldest business in Janesville.
Levi Alden and Z.A. Stoddard launched The Janesville Gazette in 1845 as a weekly newspaper with 300 subscribers. Howard F. Bliss acquired the company in 1883 and passed it to his son Harry H. Bliss in 1919. Harry's sons Sidney H. and Robert W. succeeded their father in 1937. Skip Bliss acquired the company as publisher and president in 1992. Adams Publishing Group acquired the newspaper in 2019.
GazetteXtra.com launched in 1997. The Gazette can be found on Facebook at facebook.com/JanesvilleGazette.
Click on the poll question to view the full results.
Click on the poll question below to view the choices and full results.
Apr 1Janesville Performing Arts Center
Apr 1Faith Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall
Apr 1Rotary Botanical Gardens
Apr 1Beloit Public Library
Apr 1Heritage Hall
- Feeding Decorah Eagle Babies
- Northbound I-90/39 lanes closed for semi fire
- Milton grad Alexander transitions from swimming to coaching
- Two local businesses respond to state price-gouging notices
- Court listings for March 23-29, 2020
- Public record for April 1, 2020
- Poll question for Wednesday, April 1
- Local YMCA converting to child care-only to serve essential workers
- Janesville City Council extends overnight parking on Jackson Street through September
- We finally have the sustainable coronavirus strategy Trump has been demanding
- Will the coronavirus make permanent our diminishing need for human contact?
- COVID-19 cases increase slightly in Rock County
- Rock County cases of COVID-19 rise to 12
- Evansville police find unresponsive juvenile on soccer field
- Janesville schools tracking seniors, changing course and focusing on the basics
- Janesville police ask for help identifying teens who attempted to lure children into car
- Arrests made in child enticement incident
- Health official: Everyone's mental health will be impacted by COVID-19. Here's how to help it
- MacFarlane's workers are up to their (ring)necks in pheasants
- City of Janesville declares state of emergency