From online story comments
On Janesville Mall considering a ‘family activity center’: We definitely need something for the family to do inside in the winter months! We’ve been talking about how Janesville needed something like this for years! I really hope to see it come to fruition!
- Yes! This is exactly what the mall and Janesville needs.
- No! Bring back Boston Store, please!
- Will there actually be any real shopping left?
- Seems like a fairly decent amount of construction work will have to go into renovating that space to turn it into an activity facility. Let’s hope they contract the same company that’s doing the Milwaukee Street bridge.
On Milton High School going to trimester schedule: Sure wish this would have been implemented this year. My senior would have benefited greatly from the trimester schedule. Bravo, Milton.
—Sheila Dobson Price
On Green Bay Packer Mason Crosby’s game-winning field over the Detroit Lions: I had to chuckle when Crosby motioned for one of his teammates to give him the boost up for the leap into the fans.
- Officiating was horrid in this game. Not a fan of any of the teams, but the refs handed that game to the Packers.
On Sunday story about Janesville man who’s employed full time but homeless: Hate to be a jerk here, but why is he only working 40 hours a week? I was young once and worked 60 or more.
- Big problem. People reach homelessness for different reasons, but once at that point, it’s extremely challenging to climb out that hole. Being able to address just your daily needs, the ability to take a shower and cook decent food and make yourself presentable to a prospective employer can be very challenging.
- With so many vacant buildings, homelessness should not exist!
- The problem isn’t high rent. It’s low wages.
- Trades schools offer paid education and a livable wage.