From online story comments
On Janesville 12-year-old committing suicide: So much sorrow for this mother, just heartbreaking. Parents need to be accountable for their children’s behavior, even at school. Raise your children to NOT bully and be a kind human yourself. Don’t expect them to learn character traits or what is right or wrong just at school.
- I hope those kids that did that to her understand they hurt her a lot and how sad it was for her. My heart breaks for her and her family.
- Unfortunately, most schools say they are zero tolerance but turn a blind eye to the fact that it is still happening and they do nothing about it.
—Trudy M Warnke
- Bullying needs to be stopped. Schools need to communicate to parents about it, and the parents need to do something about it. Sometimes you can’t be your child’s best friend and let them walk all over you. I see this constantly these days.
- To think bullies are in part to blame is absolutely tragic and senseless. They should be charged for her death because it’s on them. This is also a parenting problem. RIP, young one.
- Prayers for the family. May God be with you and help you through this hard time.
On congressional GOP candidate Nick Polce’s platform: As long as we’re cutting spending, let’s cut Congress’s salaries and make them pay for their own health care. Let’s have term limits, too.
—Patricia W Buhrman
On city of Janesville borrowing more for projects: If they don’t fix some of the roads around here, no one will be able to get downtown to make use of any of that new construction.
On new penalties for hosting underage drinking: How are we supposed to teach teenagers to drink responsibly without adult supervision?