From online story comments
On proposal to arm private security guards at Rock County Courthouse: Sure, what could go wrong?
- Who cares? People should not be any more nervous around a gun than a hammer. Both are just tools and need the people factor to work. Guns are not scary. The wrong person with a gun is scary.
- What for? People are already in at least somewhat of a charged emotional state about coming to the courthouse for anything (from divorce to testifying to anything you can think of). This is just going to make people even more nervous.
- They should already be armed.
On arsenic levels in Elkhorn water: It’s just arsenic, you guys! It’s especially good for babies and young children. Yes, this is sarcastic.
On new Social Security phone scam: They also try to say that there has been recent suspicious activity and have canceled your Social Security number.
On man cited for hit-and-run of a Beloit Turner school bus: I don’t get it! Why is it so hard for people to stop? Scary how we live in a world of such stupid people.
—Ashley Marie Navarro
On Gazette story (Sunday) about a tiny home development in Racine: This is a great idea. The high schools could build a couple of the houses, and it would help the skill development of the students. It would also teach them about community and giving back.
- This would be a great way to get veterans experience in building and construction as well. Being a veteran myself, I know I would love to assist in the process and gain valuable knowledge and experience.
- This is such a wonderful idea, building new places as a community for those in need. Fixing up older places to be used similarly would be nice, too! We would gladly donate money and time for such a project.
On the bald eagle’s local comeback: Watched an aerial eagle and goose fight over at Lions Beach/ice arena a week ago. The eagle won and had goose dinner on the ice.
- One flew right over us getting on I-90/39 from Avalon today! Beautiful!
—Brandi Lyn Dabson