From online story comments
On placing boulders in the Rock River to create fish habitat: I guess we’ll have to change the name to Boulder River now until these are eroded enough to be smaller than 10.1 inches in diameter, upon which they become rocks again.
- I can’t wait to lose my lures on those! LOL, but I sincerely like the idea.
- They are doing a great job. Looks nice down there.
On contractor planning to finish Milwaukee Street bridge in mid-October: Are they going to have Bob the Builder finish?
- At least Bob the Builder always got the job done.
—Leslie John Horinka
- The stupidity of people who have never worked in construction is unbelievable. The high water on the Rock River set the project back a lot. Not to mention all the rain. Have you ever tried to pour concrete in the rain? I wouldn’t pour a bridge in the rain. At least they’re taking their time, making sure when the bridge is complete, it’ll be safe.
On the opening of the Cobblestone Hotel in downtown Janesville: To me, it seems like the opening of this hotel would do much better if the bridge was done.
- The hotel is gorgeous!
- I stayed at the Cobblestone in Chippewa Falls, and it was really nice. Boutique-style hotel with a legit steakhouse. Janesville need to support this business!
- We had dinner here on Friday, and I cannot say enough great things about this place! Good and service was AMAZING!
On new arcade going into the Janesville Mall:
- If they get Gauntlet, I will be there every day.
- I remember taking the bus to the mall as a kid just for Cyberstation. If this is done right, it could be a nice draw. Good stuff!
- Yes! Arcades, I miss them so much.
- I remember the arcade that was at Pick ‘n Save. My little brother and I would go play in there sometimes in the early 2000s, while my mom shopped. I loved the arcade. I hope kids now love it just as much.