Westphal & Co. of Janesville has relocated to a new facility at 4265 Capital Circle Drive on Janesville’s east side.
After the company moved, the city razed its former office at 123 St. Mary’s Court, which the company had occupied since it was built in 1954.
In 2007, Westphal agreed to sell the St. Mary’s Court property to the city and remain as a tenant.
Part of the funding to acquire the property came from state Department of Natural Resources riverfront preservation grants. The grants required that the building be razed and the property returned to green space. Subsequent short-term leases with Westphal gave the city flexibility to raze the property when it saw fit.
The city notified Westphal last year that it was not going to renew the lease and advised the company to vacate the building by September.
Westphal entered into a tax incremental financing agreement with the city for property in the east-side industrial park, developed it and moved in Aug. 31.
Founded in Janesville in 1931, Westphal & Co. is a fourth-generation, full-service electrical construction firm. The company also provides telecommunication construction services through its Globalcom Technologies Division.