190417_WWFIRE01

A fire Tuesday morning in Whitewater destroyed two vehicles on Ardmore Drive.

WHITEWATER

Two cars parked at a home on Ardmore Drive in Whitewater were a total loss after a Tuesday morning fire, but the Whitewater Fire Department said firefighters stopped the fire from destroying the home.

No one was injured in the fire, which the department believes was caused by an electrical short in a minivan, according to a department Facebook post. The fire spread to a Subaru next to the minivan.

Firefighters responded to the home at about 9:40 a.m.

“Crews were able to quickly knock down the flames and save the home,” the post states.

190417_WWFIRE02

Firefighters work to fight a fire that destroyed two vehicles parked in front of a home in Whitewater on Tuesday morning.

GazetteXtra.com does not condone or review every comment. Read more in our Commenter Policy Agreement

  • Keep it clean. Comments that are obscene, vulgar or sexually oriented will be removed. Creative spelling of such terms or implied use of such language is banned, also.
  • Don't threaten to hurt or kill anyone.
  • Be nice. No racism, sexism or any other sort of -ism that degrades another person.
  • Harassing comments. If you are the subject of a harassing comment or personal attack by another user, do not respond in-kind. Use the "Report comment abuse" link below to report offensive comments.
  • Share what you know. Give us your eyewitness accounts, background, observations and history.
  • Do not libel anyone. Libel is writing something false about someone that damages that person's reputation.
  • Ask questions. What more do you want to know about the story?
  • Stay focused. Keep on the story's topic.
  • Help us get it right. If you spot a factual error or misspelling, email newsroom@gazettextra.com or call 1-800-362-6712.
  • Remember, this is our site. We set the rules, and we reserve the right to remove any comments that we deem inappropriate.

Report comment abuse

Users on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) are currently unable to comment. This is a known bug.