This is a list of events that have been canceled or postponed because of the coronavirus.
If you have official information about other cancellations or postponements to include in this list, please email it to email@example.com.
This list will be updated as information becomes available.
- All area school districts have canceled classes indefinitely.
- The Janesville School District has canceled all after-school special events indefinitely.
- A list of UW-Whitewater cancellations and postponements can be found here.
- The 2020 season of "Summerround" at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater has been canceled.
- The Luther Valley Historical Society in Footville canceled all its meetings and events until further notice.
- Wisconsin Department of Transportation suspended all public involvement meetings and open houses for design and construction projects. They will be rescheduled.
- Community Action facilities: Delavan administrative office, Pathways Center and Training Center in Beloit, Merrill Community Center in Beloit, weatherization office in Janesville and AWARE in Evansville.
- Hedberg Public Library is closed until further notice. All programs are canceled. Curbside delivery will be offered from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Call 608-758-6600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve library items.
- Beloit Public Library is closed to the public until further notice. All programs are canceled.
- The Rock County Council on Aging is suspending seniors from gathering at Rock County dining centers until further notice. Seniors can still pick up daily meals at dining centers. Home deliveries will continue. For more information, call the Rock County Nutrition Program at 608-757-5474.
- Benefit specialist programs are canceled until further notice at Rock County senior centers, Edgerton Public Library, Elm Drive Apartments, Evansville Public Library, Hedberg Public Library, Beloit Public Library and Riverview Heights Apartments.
- Grinnell Hall Senior Center is closed to the public. All programs are canceled. Those who participate in the Rock County Nutrition Program can still pick up meals at the center. For questions about the closure, call 608-364-2875.
- The Irvin L. Young Memorial Library in Whitewater is closed. Due dates are extended to May 1, and no fines will be charged while the library is closed. Staff will work from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. to answer questions via phone at 262-473-0530.
- Creekside Place is suspending all activities, meetings and classes until March 30. Meals on Wheels will continue to deliver food. Communal meals on Tuesdays and Thursday will not be packaged for pickup and should be arranged with the Rock County Nutrition Program.
- All parks and recreation programs in Beloit are canceled until the end of March, including volleyball, pickleball and the St. Patrick's Day pickleball tournament.
- SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital in Janesville has canceled all in-house support groups, events and special community events through April 3.
- of Northern Rock County and Parker in Milton are closed through April 24.
- Rotary Botanical Gardens is closed with plans to reopen April 6.
- The Janesville Performing Arts Center has suspended all programs until April 30. May programs will be evaluated individually, and patrons will be updated on changes. JPAC team members will reach out to customers with tickets to discuss exchange policies. Postponed events include "Women and Children First," the "Live on Main" show and "Bus Stop."
- All remaining Volunteer Income Tax Assistance clinics on Wednesday and Saturdays are canceled at UW-Whitewater. For questions or assistance in filing for an extension, contact the VITA site coordinator at 262-472-5449 or email@example.com.
- Young Auditorium has canceled all events through April 17, including "The BFG," Drum TAO 2020 performance and member reception, "Llama, Llama LIVE," EmiSunshine and "The Complete History of Comedy (Abridged)." Patrons who bought tickets for canceled shows will be given gift certificates to apply toward "An American in Paris" or any 2020-21 season show. For updates or more information, visit youngauditorium.com.
- Mercyhealth has postponed all community events, seminars, dinner series events and support group meetings until April 30. Mercyhealth team members will contact those registered for upcoming events. For a complete list of cancellations and available online seminars and classes, call 888-396-3729 or visit mercyhealthsystem.org.
- The Greenhill Center of the Arts and Crossman Gallery at UW-Whitewater have canceled various music events, including the Chamber Singers and Vocal Jazz Ensemble, "Cosmographie," "Miss Lulu Bett" and two Music Mosaics performances. Ticket exchanges and credits will be processed beginning Monday, March 30. For more information or questions, call 262-472-2222, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit uww.edu/uhcs/covid19.
- The "DanceScapes '20" performances at UW-Whitewater's Barnett Theatre are postponed to 7:30 p.m. April 30-May 1 and 2 p.m. May 2-3. For questions or concerns, call 262-472-2222, email email@example.com or visit uww.edu/uhcs/covid19.
- The VFW Post 2306 monthly breakfast buffet at the Mead-Allen VFW Post 2306 in Beloit is postponed to May 3.
- "The BFG" Horizons Matinee Series at Young Auditorium is postponed to May 12. Patrons who bought tickets for canceled shows will be given gift certificates for "An American in Paris" or any 2020-21 season show. For updates or more information, visit youngauditorium.com.
- The Live United celebration at the Pontiac Convention Center is postponed to June 3.
- The Beloit Farmers' Market opening has been postponed to June 6.
- The Brodhead Firefighters Sportsman's Banquet is postponed to June 27.
- The Brandon Clift benefit at Lucy's Hideaway in Milton is postponed to June 28.
- State Rep. Mark Spreitzer, D-Beloit, and state Sen. Janis Ringhand, D-Evansville, have canceled in-person listening sessions in Beloit and Evansville. They will instead host virtual sessions from 5-6 p.m. April 1. Those who are interested can call 608-535-6415 or join via Facebook live.
- The Spring Luncheon at Our Savior's Lutheran Church in Beloit is canceled.
- The Rock County Historical Society has postponed its season opening until further notice.
- Rock County Historical Society season opening postponed until further notice.
- The Limber Timbers Square Dance Club canceled all dances in April, May and June. Dances will begin again in September.
- All Alzheimer's and Dementia Alliance of Wisconsin programs have been postponed. Support service and resources are still available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday by contacting Dementia Outreach Specialist Teena Monk-Gerber at 608-843-3544 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The school tours/immersion program at the Lincoln-Tallman House and Frances Willard Schoolhouse is postponed until the fall 2020 semester.
Saturday, June 20
- The Juneteenth Celebration at Tefler Park in Beloit has been postponed. A new celebration date has not yet been set.
Saturday and Sunday, July 4 and 5
- The Evansville Community Partnership canceled all Independence Day festivities over the weekend, including the parade and car show. The organization hopes to reschedule events for a later time in the summer. For more information, contact Jim Brooks at 608-882-0598 or email@example.com or visit ecp-wi.org or the Lake Leota 4th of July Facebook page.
- The East Troy Lions and Lioness Clubs canceled the 2020 Fourth of July Festival, including fireworks, carnival, parade and the bike and car show. Donations to support the East Troy Food Pantry and community are welcomed and can be mailed to The East Troy Lions at P.O. Box 53, East Troy, 53120.
For more local coverage on the outbreak of the new coronavirus, go to gazettextra.com/coronavirus.