City officials say a nearly 2-foot drop in water levels in the Rock River downtown over the weekend had little to do with the city tearing out part of the Monterey Dam last week.
As featured on
A nearly 2-foot drop in water levels in the Rock River downtown over the weekend had little to do with the city tearing out part of the Monterey Dam last week, Janesville Public Works Director Paul Woodard says.
A lawyer for the Monterey Dam Association says members are examining their options after a Rock County judge Tuesday threw out their lawsuit that aimed to block the city's removal of the dam.
Jan 20Salvation Army Community Center
Jan 20Milwaukee Public Museum
Jan 20Gallery 223
Jan 20Overture Center for the Arts
Jan 20Marcus Center for the Performing Arts
- Wegter: Missed call mars ending of NFC championship
- Author to speak at Susan B. Anthony event
- Janesville jeweler with heart of gold passes from the scene
- Discussion to focus on myths about King
- Walters: Drug abuse breaks county child-care budgets
- Lake Geneva man arrested on suspicion of felony OWI
- Other Views: Dr. King's message as important as ever
- Learning to read, reading to learn: Janesville School District targets crucial third-grade reading
- Elkhorn boys swim continues upward trajectory after banner campaign
- ‘Our communities share common values’: UW-Whitewater plants roots in Janesville
- Did speaking Spanish get this cook fired from ritzy restaurant?
- Man charged in sale of gun used in suicide at Edgerton house party
- Shopko files for bankruptcy, announces closure of 9 additional Wisconsin locations
- Marijuana, mushrooms found in Janesville house search, document indicates
- Mother, daughter both convicted in drunken-driving deaths
- United Way bars YMCA from funding
- Judge: Former Milton woman’s negligent homicide case will stay in Walworth County
- Death notices for Jan. 15, 2019
- Janesville firefighters working on recycling center fire
- Friends, family remember Ron Brown as nurturer at Parker High