Use the slider to compare the images
This aerial photo of Clinton was taken some time in the late 1930s. The photo shows Front Street at the bottom. Allen Street runs down the middle of the photo. One of the most recognizable structures is the building just north of Allen Street, the city hall-library-fire department office complex built in 1913.
The village was settled in 1837 at the corner of what is now County X and County J, according to a history on the village’s website. In 1856, intersection rail lines were built about a mile north of the original site, and development shifted with it.