A photo from The Gazette's archives shows Main and Court streets at a time when Janesville still had wooden plank sidewalks.
A group of students and a pet rabbit helped plant a prairie at Van Buren Elementary School in Janesville in May 1975.
In the beginning, before it employed thousands of employees and generations of Janesville residents, the General Motors plant started in this building.
Henry Schoeberle ran downtown Janesville's last grocery store--at least until La Esquinita Mexican Grocery and Restaurant arrived at 401 W. Milwaukee St. in 2000.
In the early 1960s, Panoramic Corp. moved into the Rock River Woolen Mills building, 1405 River St., and workers had to cross a bridge to get into the building.