The Raptor Resource Project says the Decorah eagles have two barbs on their tongues to lift and pull food to the back of their long mouths. You can learn all about bald eagle tongues and beaks!
Glen Loyd lives on the Rock River in Janesville 15 days a month. He is a former public information officer for Wisconsin Consumer Protection, publishes a weekly consumer protection blog. Glen is a community blogger and is not a part of The Gazette staff. His opinion is not necessarily that of the The Gazette staff or management.
- Walters: Highway fund shortfall could be 'hundreds of millions'
- Chancellor: UW-Whitewater planning fall return to both campuses
- Janesville Gran Prix postponed to June 2021
- UPDATE: ‘We are heartbroken.’ Rock County 4-H Fair is canceled
- Man suspected of attempted homicide, arson in Thursday fire
- Northbound lane on I-90/39 closed near Janesville
- Summer people are already here. And are snowbirds staying?
- Gerson: The moral vacancy of Trump's coalition
- Brian Rusch's positive attitude led to positive results on the playing field
- Janesville, Rock County to get reimbursed for COVID-19 expenses
- Culvers restaurant in Janesville closes for cleaning
- UPDATE: Two injured, one seriously, after Janesville home explosion, authorities say
- Possible tornadoes spotted in area; Afton Road closed in Janesville
- Milton School Board approves change to how district places elementary students
- Sarah A. Salinas
- Blackhawk Community Credit Union cuts leadership jobs
- Blackhawk Community Credit Union shifting focus away from real estate development
- Rock County sees largest day-to-day increase of COVID-19 cases yet
- Milton family thankful for each other after bout against COVID-19
- United Alloy plans two-week shutdown as COVID-19 ripples across supply chain