What was this squirrel thinking, creeping so close to an eagle? He could have lost his tail or even his life... The Decorah fledglings have been staying fairly close to the nest and mom still provides some food.
Glen Loyd lives on the Rock River in Janesville 15 days a month. He is a former public information officer for Wisconsin Consumer Protection, publishes a weekly consumer protection blog. Glen is a community blogger and is not a part of The Gazette staff. His opinion is not necessarily that of the The Gazette staff or management.
- Rep. Ryan to give farewell speech
- Rock County 4-H Fairgrounds to stay put, be improved, officials say
- Christmas customs that involve race are discussion topic
- Town of Beloit incorporation petition likely to be dismissed next week
- Harrop: New Yorkers yelling at New Yorkers
- Delavan man arrested in two town of Delavan house fires
- Jets wrap up first half of season with against first-place Magicians
- Milton police, school district host their first Shop With a Cop outing
- Restaurant review: Kealy's Kafe earns preferred status among Janesville diners
- Basketball Weekly: Is it time to drop the 3-man officiating crew?
- Man accused of stealing mattresses from employer
- In the wake of #MeToo, questions raised in Delavan-Darien harassment complaint
- Teen driver charged in Janesville traffic death
- Two in jail after reported armed robbery in Whitewater
- Edgerton man, 3-year-old daughter carjacked in Madison
- Janesville man held on $50,000 bond in heroin death
- Whitewater set to renew semifinal rivalry with Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Mercyhealth's new $505 million Rockford hospital will impact Rock County patients
- JATV could be forced off cable if FCC proposal becomes law
- Police say lunch time reckless driving doesn't have an easy fix