I've been the bearer of a lot of bad bird news lately...so here is a swan family that will make you feel good. Like eagles, both swan parents care for their offspring including feeding them.
Glen Loyd lives on the Rock River in Janesville 15 days a month. He is a former public information officer for Wisconsin Consumer Protection, publishes a weekly consumer protection blog. Glen is a community blogger and is not a part of The Gazette staff. His opinion is not necessarily that of the The Gazette staff or management.
- Rock County 4-H Fair schedule for July 23, 2019
- Public record for July 22, 2019
- Youth baseball: Janesville 9Us fall in Ohio Valley Regional championship game
- Legion baseball: River Monsters beat Madison to set up winner-take-all game
- Town of Magnolia car crash sends five to hospital
- Intoxicated woman stopped, jumped out into lanes on Interstate 90/39, state patrol says
- Home Talent League: Albion routs Waterloo to clinch share of regular-season title
- Skenazy: Does dodgeball really corrupt kids?
- Pitts: Is the GOP a hate group?
- Welcome to Whitewater, the kicking (and punting) capital of the world
- Man who died in I-90/39 rollover crash identified
- Homeless man who stubbornly camped in park is gone after incident
- Contractor accused of leaving local homeowners in the lurch
- Sex offender relocating to Whitewater
- Paramedic charged with fondling patient in ambulance
- Five things to know about the Rock County 4-H Fair
- Death notices for July 19, 2019
- One person dies in rollover on I-90/39
- Cole N. Ansier
- Death notices for July 16, 2019