A talon is the claw of a bird of prey, its primary hunting tool. Eagles have 4 talons on each foot.
Glen Loyd lives on the Rock River in Janesville 15 days a month. He is a former public information officer for Wisconsin Consumer Protection, publishes a weekly consumer protection blog. Glen is a community blogger and is not a part of The Gazette staff. His opinion is not necessarily that of the The Gazette staff or management.
- Milton School District believes restructuring boosts efficiency
- Developers unveil plans for 60-unit housing project east of Rock River
- Jensen: Do you really want democratic socialism?
- Cyr: Selflessness and silence have a place in politics
- Parts of Oakland Avenue and Kennedy Road to close Aug. 22
- Former candidate endorses Steil in 1st District
- Harrop: Environmental malpractice washes onto the beach
- Shapiro: Feelings take over politics
- School staff to visit students' homes Wednesday
- Slow/no wake ordered for Rock River
- Man’s death at group home illustrates challenges of meting out justice when suspect has intellectual disability
- 'Let them truckers roll': Surprise party for Milton teen draws hundreds from across country
- Rock Aqua Jays build world's largest human water ski pyramid
- Man injured after ultralight aircraft crash
- Janesville man identified as pilot of aircraft that crashed into bridge
- Homeless veteran lived in the shadow of downtown
- Man tells deputy strange tale of why he stole a truck
- New owner of Janesville Sentry store cuts staff by half
- Knudson gets Democratic nod for sheriff
- Craig's Benton expects target on his back as a Wisconsin commit