Veterinarians called as black flies appear to have forced this year's Decorah eaglets off the nests prematurely. Parent eagles were ready to help but needed assistance. For more information, visit Raptor Research Project.
Glen Loyd lives on the Rock River in Janesville 15 days a month. He is a former public information officer for Wisconsin Consumer Protection, publishes a weekly consumer protection blog. Glen is a community blogger and is not a part of The Gazette staff. His opinion is not necessarily that of the The Gazette staff or management.
- Cleaner Beehner: Bad language takes a back seat for comedian's JPAC show
- Our Views: Principal gets a sweet deal. Taxpayers, not so much
- Basketball Weekly: Sizing up area boys basketball conference races
- Mercyhealth opens new plastic surgery facility, preps for high-tech operating room
- Restaurant review: Janesville's Wissota Chophouse offers another upscale option
- Public record for Jan. 23, 2020
- UW-Whitewater women down Platteville to remain in first place
- Platteville downs visiting UW-Whitewater in men's basketball
- Man pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl in Lake Geneva
- Passenger pleads guilty in crash that launched motorcyclist into convertible’s back seat
- Janesville family gives land to city in lieu of hefty payment for road updates
- Principal on paid leave for 'special circumstance'
- Police: Woman arrested after selling cocaine to cops
- Teen sentenced for having video of 14-year-old girl engaged in sex act on his phone
- OfficePro to leave Janesville, move to Beloit
- Victim of sex trafficking tells her story
- Monterey Hotel owners peg partner for redevelopment
- Prison ordered in fatal town of Beloit crash
- New Janesville CBD shop gives customers a window into hemp growing
- Death notices for Jan. 19, 2020