Lakeside estate named for witch hazel trees.
Aloha Lodge was the name of the Drake home on the south shore of Geneva Lake. This is another house that you only can see via the lake or the lakeshore path. The Drakes owned both the Drake and Blackstone Hotels in Chicago.
Snug Harbor's owners donated land for city's library and park.
Schwartz family first settled in town of East Troy in 1836.
Oleomargarine helped pay for this Geneva Lake home.
The former home of George Passage is located at 112 Main St. in Delavan. In “Delavan's Historic Residential Architecture,” author Frank Landi describes the house as being in the Italianate style. It was one of the first brick houses built...
Delavan's United Church of Christ, located at 123 E. Washington St. on the north side of Phoenix Park, celebrated its 175th anniversary July 31.
The current Gifford Farm, at 1075 County Highway H at the south end of Pell Lake, is located in sections 21 and 22 in the town of Bloomfield.
The Gosso name is well known in the Darien area. Ralph was the owner of a grocery store in Darien and at one time had the Tallyho tavern at highways 14, 11 and 89. In fact, some people called that intersection Tallyho Corners.
The Steve Snudden farm, which is located in Sections 21, 22, 27 and 28 in the town of Linn, was the site of this year's Wisconsin Farm Technology Days, which ran from July 19 through July 21. FTD is an event for farm and city people to learn more...