7-year-old boy injured in Milwaukee house fire
MILWAUKEE (AP) — A 7-year-old boy is seriously injured after a house fire in Milwaukee.
Deputy Chief Jack Christianson, of the Milwaukee Fire Department, says the boy suffered smoke inhalation and was revived twice before being transported to a local hospital.
Fire officials say there were no smoke detectors in the house when the blaze broke out around 7:45 a.m. Saturday.
Police Capt. Eric Moore says a motorist alerted rescuers after seeing smoke coming from the home. He says the boy’s grandfather who lives in the lower part of the house escaped, but moments later realized the 7-year-old was still upstairs. Firefighters then rescued the boy.
Moore says he was in critical condition Saturday night.
He says the fire may be the result of an electrical failure but authorities are still investigating.