1 child dies, 2nd hospitalized after drinking gas
TOWN OF MEDINA, Wis. (AP) — Dane County sheriff's officials say one of the two children hospitalized after drinking gasoline has died.
Deputies were called to a residence in the Town of Medina Sunday night where a 2-year-old girl and her 4-year-old brother had ingested gasoline. The girl was rushed to St. Mary's Hospital in Sun Prairie where she was pronounced dead. The boy was taken by Med Flight to University Hospital in Madison.
Authorities say the siblings had climbed into a neighbor's car, which had a gas can in the back. The children and their mother live in Portage and were visiting a friend at the time.