11 people evacuated during gas leak
JANESVILLE—Eleven people were evacuated from homes in the 800 block of S. Fremont St., just before 1 a.m. Thursday for a gas leak, according to a Janesville Fire Department news release.
When firefighters arrived on scene, at 824 S. Fremont, they found a gas meter had been damaged and was leaking. Unable to control the gas leak, Alliant Energy was called to the scene.
The Janesville Transit provided a bus to house the residents until the leak could be controlled, according to the news release.
Janesville police also assisted at the scene.