On The GOP didn’t W-I-N!
I think you mean "it's nice the Gazette only has views different than Republican ones."
On UW-Whitewater student reports hate crime
Is there any such thing as a love crime? Would it have been more acceptable if the person had been punched in the face because she was a veteran? Because she was rich and well-dressed? Why do we discriminate in how we treat violence depending on who suffered it?
On For the GOP, a certain inconsistency
Money is 'stationary' when it is not being spent by politicians, preferably Democrats.
7. "No one is talking about raising taxes beyond what is set to expire."
No one except for Administration officials and Democrats like Nancy Pelosi, Paul Volker, and Obama himself, who have all discussed the ened for a VAT and removing the caps on social security taxes, as well as taxes for Cap and Trade.
8. "The fact remains that taxes have been lowered for 95% of Americans under the Obama admnistration."
Of course, half the country (Democrats) doesn't pay federal taxes (those on the dole, but I repeat myself.) The way Democrats say they cut taxes for 95% of the country is to count credits paid (i.e. handouts) to those 50% who owed no taxes.
It is no surprise that this is the same bunch of clowns are managing to implement historic tax increases while historically gutting Medicare and still plan to roll up the largest deficits in history.
6. Your taxes might go up or they might not. Worst case is they'll go up when the tax cuts expire, along with a few more 'tough choices' (Dem code word for tax increases) after the deficit commission reports out in November.
How much more certainty do you want? You're lucky to get that! Now get back to work, invest all your hard-earned money, and pay your taxes, whatever they end up being! Keep your mouths shut or we'll raise them higher, ungrateful filthy capitalists! You're lucky to be able to pay us to do all the good we're doing on your behalf!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
C.S. Lewis- God in the Dock (Eerdmans)
Always nice to come here and get a fresh dose of stupidity from the left. What's on the menu today?
1. There is no evidence people are living longer.
2. Voting for a budget that raises taxes is not voting for a tax increase.
3. Businesses don't mind uncertainty as long as the issue of how high taxes will go is left up to the Democrats (who don't even agree amongst themselves how high they should go).
4. The Democrats are proposing lots of solutions to rein in spending and taxes (like implementing a new trillion dollar, job-taxing ObamaCare entitlement that's not paid for, or paying for unemployment compensation through debt on our grandchildren, or raising regulations and taxes on the economy through cap and trade, etc.)
4. The Republicans are blocking all these good ideas like ObamaCare even though it was signed into law and even though they have the smallest House and Senate minorities in a generation. In fact, the Republicans are evidently still passing legislation harming America even though they haven't been in control of Congress for 4 years.
5. The polls show Americans are onto this Republican trickery even though they are going to vote Democrats out by the thousands in 6 weeks.
Keep 'em coming boys!
On Where is the TEA PARTY on LOCAL taxation without representation?
It's the TEA party'S FauLt THAT BTC's lev is HIGh. GOT IT, John.
On Growing ranks of long-term jobless face tough odds
I don't think these people have much to worry about. Obama promised millions of jobs with his stimulus, and Pelosi promised millions more with the health bill. It's only a matter of time.
To believe otherwise is to not have faith in our leaders.
On Israel, disarmed
It's just a matter of time before land for peace starts working. Just like the stimulus package.
On Americans may give health care law a chance
Of course, there are polls and then there are polls. It appears 60% want it repealed according to one taken May 25.
Page 1 of 32
» More most emailed stories
» More popular discussions
Staff Directory |
Contact Us |
Legal Notices |
Subscriber Services |
Site Help |
Site Map |
Latest News |
Public Record |
Special Sections |
Political Cartoons |
Photo Galleries |
Slide Shows |
Blog List |
Latest Blog Entries
Customer Care |
Newspaper In Education |
Reader Rewards |