From online story comments
On possible pot legalization referendum: Won’t happen until 48 or 49 other states have legalized it. That’s how Wisconsin works. Tavern League will not let it happen, either.
- It’s time. It is 2018! There are tremendous health benefits. Alcohol is actually the evil one, in my opinion.
—Michele Brown Schultz
- Can also ease the pain of all the tax raises. We can actually have lower vehicle registration and fuel tax, property tax, etc. The result for Colorado tax revenue from legalization: VS Strategies, a pro-legalization research company in Denver, says the state has pulled in $506 million since retail sales began in January 2014.
- I hope they don’t. We have enough stupid people in this state. Sure don’t need help making it worse.
On Clinton students eating laced brownies: The people defending this make me sick. This was beyond a prank. Like the (Tuesday) article states, imagine if someone with a medical condition ate those brownies?
- Don’t ruin their lives for a terrible, stupid prank. Make them stand up in front of the whole school and apologize for what they did and do community service.
—Don Van Stone
- Whatever happened to the old-school pot brownies?
On DOT lowering speed limit on I-90/39: Signs were already up last night on the southbound side. I drove the 55 mph speed limit and got honked at, flashed at, and cars flew by me like I was standing still. I felt like I was the hazard. This is not going to be pretty when some people reduce their speed and others don’t.
- They seem to think that there is something about an Illinois plate that exempts them from all speed laws.
- There is also no where to go on this strip of highway with all the barriers they have. There are no shoulders on the highway. In case of emergency, you have no where to go. So of course there are going to be accidents.