From online story comments
On decision not to charge Clinton students who served laced brownies: The Rock County district attorney not filing charges on a crime? Big surprise.
- They should serve some time.
- Right, because there’s so much jail room for laced-brownie pushers rather than real criminals. Get a life.
- “Serving time” does not mean it has to be in jail. Community service, probation are also examples of “serving time.”
- I got charged with breaking curfew! This is ridiculous!
- So we’re teaching our kids that their actions don’t have consequences? Wonderful. Call me in three to four years when these “little angels” are in prison.
- Boo on you! They are not only good kids that made a poor decision, they are great kids in life.
- The families that this affected should sue the kids’ families and the school district!
On city of Janesville ending two-month experiment with back-in angled parking: It’s not hard to figure out. Maybe if people were not watered-down stupid, it would have worked.
—Garrett La Volpe
- Good God, how much more time and money can the city of Janesville waste?
- Should have fixed that whole road first anyways. It’s third-world status.
On Walworth County Board rejecting marijuana advisory referendum: I actually think it’s a bad decision considering the heroin epidemic. There are lots of really positive uses for marijuana—THC, CBD—that eliminate the need for lots of prescription drugs that have more harmful side effects.
On Bernie Sanders coming to Janesville on Saturday: My son said he is going to bring him a book on economics. LOL.
- For what? To talk us into back-up parking on Milwaukee Street?
- He is an admitted socialist. They tried this in Russia, and it fell. When half the population that is working realizes that the other half is not working and getting everything the working people are, they quit!
On new arrest-warrant phone scam: I hope they call me. I would love to mess with them.
On Wednesday editorial about Randy Bryce’s arrest record: Why should it matter? Look at the Republicans and Donald Trump. They are far worse!
- Using Trump’s horrendous reputation to justify your own candidate’s eligibility for office on the premise of “my guy (or gal) isn’t nearly as bad” seems like terrible logic, not to mention a perpetuation of everything that’s wrong with politics today.
On Saturday story detailing personnel files of Rock County sheriff candidates: I worked with all of these people for many years. Gary Groelle is not the vindictive or lazy guy as it appears that this story is trying to imply. Groelle was stuck in the back of the sheriff’s department and was stripped of most of his job responsibilities after the last election. Gary Groelle is a good, honest man with fantastic integrity. He has made some errors, but he is willing to face up to them and correct them.