Details for William "Bill" O'Connell
William O’Connell, age 91, passed away peacefully at Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care on February 3, 2018 surrounded by his family. “Bill” was born in Chicago on May 15, 1926, the son of William and Gladys (Marhoefer) O’Connell. Bill went into the Army in 1943 during WWII, and served overseas in Europe until the end of 1948. He moved to Janesville with his family in 1967, and taught at Franklin Middle School until his retirement in 1992. Bill also coached football and track.
Bill is survived by his wife, Kay O’Connell; son, Tim (Julie) O’Connell; daughter, Kathleen (Gemma Gliori) O’Connell; two grandchildren, Ben and Hannah; stepchildren: Gary (Michelle) Stowe, Michelle (Larry) Fulton, and Michael (Donna) Stowe; eight stepgrandchildren; six step-great-grandchildren; and many other family and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents; sister, Esther; and former wife, Dorothy.
No funeral services are planned at the request of the deceased. A private service will be held by the family at a later date. Schneider Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting the family. For online obituary and registry: www.schneiderfuneraldirectors.com
- Mecyhealth Evansville Clinic named "BigShot" by health departments
- Janesville woman reported missing
- Janesville School Board will pick new board member
- Jack Blomgren, Michigan's shortstop of the future, already in starting role
- Buckhorn Supper Club owner wins Restaurateur of the Year
- UW-Whitewater celebrates 150th anniversary with history, service in mind
- Public record for April 23, 2018
- Did the Packers miss out on landing an impact edge rusher in draft?
- Beloit man arrested on human trafficking charges
- 4 dead in Waffle House shooting in Tennessee; suspect sought
- Seeking a quiet place in a nation of noise
- Longtime west side business boosters retire, sell their Dairy Queen
- Credit union robbed on Janesville's east side
- Death notices for April 17, 2018
- Press Start: Bully Hunters deserved to fail as catastrophically as it did
- Death notices for April 21, 2018
- Raffle of AR-15 by police raises questions
- The Anchor's Break in the Weather party coming out of hibernation
- Death notices for April 19, 2018
- Death notices for April 18, 2018