Details for Jo-Ann E. O'Brien
Jo-Ann E. Binder O’Brien, 68, of Janesville, WI, formerly of Lake Geneva, died Tuesday January 30, 2018 at Mercy Hospital in Janesville. The former Jo-Ann Ellen Binder was born in Geneva Township, WI on October 5, 1949, the daughter of the late John and Vera (Dahner) Binder. She was a graduate of Lakeland School in Elkhorn, WI. On July 13, 1991, in Janesville, she was united in marriage to Bruce S. O’Brien. She had participated for many years as a bowler in the Special Olympics.
JoAnn is survived by Bruce, her husband of 26 years; sister, Pauline (Les) Malsch of Lake Geneva; and nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, 2 sisters; Dorothy Mahoney and Vera “Tess” Melahn and a nephew Mark Malsch.
Services for JoAnn will be held on Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 3 p.m. in the chapel of the Derrick Funeral Home in Lake Geneva; Pastor Paul VanDeBerg Pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Lake Geneva will officiate. Visitation will be Sunday from 1 p.m. until 3 p.m. at the funeral home. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials are requested in Jo-Ann’s name to Lakeland School. To sign the online guest registry go to: www.derrickfuneralhome.com.
- Public record for March 21, 2018
- Stevens' 30 points leads Penn State past Marquette in NIT
- Package found in Austin serial bombing investigation may be break in case
- Ice Dogs sweep Jets in three-game series
- Border wall, tunnel tussle hold up sweeping spending bill
- Wisconsin Senate approves tax cut, juvenile justice overhaul
- Elevated levels of lead found in 40 water sources in Janesville elementary schools
- Teen shoots girl in Maryland school, killed in confrontation
- Prison officials reach $18.9 million deal with youth inmate
- Rock County Sheriff's Office to sponsor Explorer post
- Family to revamp, reopen small downtown Janesville diner
- Death notices for March 15, 2018
- Man gets 10 years for sexual assaults of teen
- Janesville's Toys 'R' Us workers to lose jobs by May
- Death notices for March 17, 2018
- Death notices for March 18, 2018
- Local jewelers turn human ashes into keepsakes
- Death notices for March 20, 2018
- Death notices for March 19, 2018
- Parker High School searching coats, backpacks Friday in response to threat