Students were back in classrooms Wednesday after an evacuation at Evansville High School on Tuesday.
The school was evacuated Tuesday afternoon after carbon monoxide detectors went off in the technology education area of the school, according to an email from Principal Jason Knott.
The detector was triggered in the auto lab, which remained closed Wednesday along with other areas of the technology education area, according to the email.
A ventilation issue is suspected as the cause, according to the email.
Air quality readings taken throughout the building at 5 a.m. Wednesday all registered at 0 for carbon monoxide, Knott said.
Staff planned to continue to monitor air quality throughout the day.
Knott thanked staff for keeping everyone calm during the evacuation.