Don Vruwink, D-Milton, announced Monday his re-election bid for the state’s 43rd Assembly District, according to a press release.
Vruwink is in the midst of his first term in the state Legislature. In 2016, he defeated current Milton Mayor Anissa Welch in the Democratic primary and then knocked off Republican Allison Hetz in the general election.
In the release, Vruwink touted his efforts to introduce legislation, meet his constituents, and hold multiple listening sessions and forums.
He Vruwink has scheduled five upcoming listening sessions to be held jointly with state Sen. Janis Ringhand, D-Evansville. Those are scheduled for the following dates:
- 10:45 to 11:30 a.m. Friday,
- April 20,
- Mitchell House Coffee, 819 E. High St., No. 1, Milton.
- 9 to 10 a.m.
- April 24, Bass Creek Cafe and Grill, 5409 S. County Road D, Afton.
- 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- April 24, Ray’s Restaurant, 1102 N. Main St., Edgerton.
- 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
- April 27, Firefly Coffee House, 114 N. Main St., Oregon.
- 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- May 1, Jessica’s Restaurant, 140 W. Main St., Whitewater.
The 43rd Assembly District covers Milton, Edgerton, Whitewater and Footville. It also extends into parts of Dane and Jefferson counties.