Badgers dismiss D-lineman Irwin
MADISON Wisconsin has dismissed defensive lineman Jake Irwin from the football team after he was arrested in connection with an incident outside a campus gym last week.
UW Madison police say Irwin was arrested for two counts of disorderly conduct and two counts of battery for his role in an altercation that took place in the early morning hours of Sept. 1. Police say Irwin was struck in the head with a rock and needed treatment for his injuries. Another man also was arrested.
The redshirt freshman was not involved in fall practices. Coach Bret Bielema says Irwin had been serving a suspension, then was dismissed after an incident late last week.
Wisconsin announced that tight end Brock DeCicco has transferred from Pittsburgh. He can’t play this season and will have two seasons of eligibility remaining.
- Frederick believes his performance ... (1)
By BENJAMIN WORGULL 03/07/13
- Andersen finds cupboard full ...
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 03/05/13
- Wisconsin's 3rd straight Rose ... (2)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 01/01/13
- Numbers game: Allen defends ...
By BENJAMIN WORGULL 12/31/12
- We're here: Badgers, 'new' ... (1)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/27/12
- Andersen changes directions, heads ... (3)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/20/12
- New Badger football coach ... (5)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/17/12