Badgers' Ball learns from rough start to 2010
MADISON Montee Ball has something important to teach his Wisconsin teammates and he doesn't want the lesson to get lost.
Ball was a critical part of Wisconsin's run to the Rose Bowl last season, rushing for 996 yards and 18 touchdowns. But his 2010 season certainly didn't start out well.
At one point, he found himself buried on the depth chart and bypassed by a true freshman. He acknowledges he didn't work hard enough, and was determined not to make the same mistake this past summer. Ball came into last week's season-opening victory over UNLV at a chiseled 210 pounds.
He rushed for three touchdowns and caught a fourth in the Badgers' 51-17 victory.
Ball hopes his younger teammates can learn from his struggles last season.
- Frederick believes his performance ... (1)
By BENJAMIN WORGULL 03/07/13
- Andersen finds cupboard full ...
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 03/05/13
- Wisconsin's 3rd straight Rose ... (2)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 01/01/13
- Numbers game: Allen defends ...
By BENJAMIN WORGULL 12/31/12
- We're here: Badgers, 'new' ... (1)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/27/12
- Andersen changes directions, heads ... (3)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/20/12
- New Badger football coach ... (5)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 12/17/12