Five things you need to know about Rock County's pharmaceutical drop off day
The Rock County Sheriff's Office next week will participate in the third annual National Take-Back initiative sponsored by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency. The goal is to reduce prescription drug abuse by safety disposing of unwanted medications.
Here's what you need to know if you want to drop anything off.
1. The program is anonymous. If you are dropping off medication, you will not be questioned. You can dump pills directly into the collection box.
2. This program is for controlled, non-controlled and over-the-counter medications. Feel free to bring unused or expired medications.
3. You cannot dispose of liquids, injectables or syringes.
4. Illegal drugs such as marijuana or methamphetamine will not be collected in the secure box. Deputies will treat those as abandoned property.
5. You have to hold on to your medication during disposal. Deputies can't hold it for you.
Last updated: 6:41 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012