Janesville woman suffers burns in fire

Print Print
Gazette staff
Monday, October 17, 2011
— Smoking is listed as the cause of an apartment fire that sent a woman to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center with burns, according to a news release from the Janesville Fire Department.

At 1:40 a.m. Saturday, firefighters responded to a fire at 2920 Kennedy Road, Apt. L, Janesville.

The apartment's occupant, Patricia McVey, 63, told firefighters that she had fallen asleep while smoking, dropped her cigarette and her clothes caught on fire.

She told firefighters that she was able to roll on the floor to put out the fire in her clothing. McVey was reportedly transported to Mercy Hospital and Trauma Center.

Damage to the apartment was less than $100.

Last updated: 6:43 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print