Dogs rescued in early morning house fire
Smoke and flames were showing from the kitchen and attic area and the homeowner was evacuating the single family home at 1671 Yates Ave. when firefighters arrived, the release said.
The fire, which was reported at 1:04 a.m. Sunday, started in the kitchen and spread to the attic, where most of the damage occurred. There was extensive smoke damage throughout the house, according to the release.
Fire officials estimate $12,000 of damage to the property, which is valued at $17,800, the release said.
The American Red Cross was called to assist the family, according to the release.
Town of Beloit and South Beloit fire departments assisted by taking a call in the city of Beloit while Beloit firefighters battled the blaze.
Last updated: 6:50 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012