Cullen announces he will support sunshine bill
Sen. Tim Cullen, D-Janesville, is supporting an open-government measure that has been introduced in the state Legislature.
Cullen announced that he is a co-sponsor of a bill, which would require partisan legislative caucuses to comply with the state's open meetings law.
The Legislature has four partisan caucuses, one for each party in the Senate and Assembly.
These groups often meet to discuss legislation while keeping their doors closed to the public.
Critics say the practice keeps the public from hearing the most important discussions leading up to new laws.
The Sunshine on the Caucuses Bill would require caucus meetings to comply with the open meetings law that every other governmental body in Wisconsin must comply with.
The bill was drafted by Rep. Cory Mason, D-Racine.
- Gov. Walker proposes income ... (35)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 02/21/13
- Walker’s office: Wis. will ... (177)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 05/11/12
- Walker promises swift action ... (173)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 06/17/11
- Collective bargaining law will ... (34)
By GAZETTE STAFF 06/16/11
- Wisconsin Senate debating Walker's ... (11)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 06/16/11
- Wis. Assembly passes budget ... (305)
By SCOTT BAUER 06/16/11
- Wis. Assembly begins debate ... (5)
By ASSOCIATED PRESS 06/15/11