Janesville chicken coop destroyed in blaze

Print Print
Gazette staff
Friday, July 1, 2011
— A fire destroyed a chicken coop and damaged several other structures Thursday night in Janesville.

The fire completely destroyed the chicken coop at 413 N. Tarrant Road and caused $7,000 in damages to the property, Janesville Fire Department Captain Jody Stowers said. The heat from the chicken coop blaze damaged the siding to several other buildings on the property.

Stowers said the fire was started when wind blew heat from a controlled burn of building materials onto the coop. The fire took around 20 minutes to extinguish.

No chickens were hurt in the fire because the coop was being used for storage.

Last updated: 5:59 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print