Two dogs die in Janesville house fire

Print Print
Steve Benton
Thursday, September 16, 2010

An electrical malfunction near a radio is blamed for a house fire in Janesville.

Firefighters responded to 1402 Johnson Street around 6:40 Wednesday night and found smoke coming from the windows of the ranch style house.

The fire was located in the kitchen and was quickly extinguished. Damage is estimated at $40,000, but confined mainly to the kitchen area.

Two dogs died in the fire and one was rescued from the basement. The owner told firefighters that he left a radio on in the kitchen to keep the dogs company.

Last updated: 2:57 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print