Former track coach accused of relationship with athlete

Print Print
Ted Sullivan
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
— While helping coach the Orfordville Parkview High School track team, Allen J. Morris is suspected of talking with a team member on Facebook.

The 23-year-old man is accused of developing the Facebook friendship into a relationship, eventually meeting the 15-year-old girl at Footville Park and at her home.

They are suspected of kissing at the park, kissing near the schoolís choir room and later having sexual contact when Morris sneaked into her bedroom after a track meet.

Those are among the allegations made in a criminal complaint charging Morris with felony sexual assault of a child under 16 years of age.

Morris, 601 E. Church St., Orfordville, was released on a signature bond Monday after appearing in Rock County Court. The former assistant track coach was ordered to have no contact with the girl or anyone else on last yearís track team.

According to the criminal complaint:

Morris and the girl began their relationship in March, and it lasted three to four weeks. After a track meet in April, the girl invited Morris to come over to her house.

She left her bedroom window open, and Morris came in between midnight and 2 a.m. The girlís family was home sleeping.

The two watched a movie on the girlís bed and kissed. Morris gave the girl hickeys on her neck. The sexual contact then progressed.

The girlís mother saw the hickeys, but the girl told her mom they were from a boy on the track team.

About a week later, Morris told the girl their relationship should end.

Morris was employed as a supervisor at the high school weight room for three to four months, school officials said. He was a volunteer track coach in the spring.

He was suspended from work Friday, June 11, after school officials heard a rumor about the assault from a parent, school officials said. A student uninvolved with the situation had told a parent about the relationship.

The girl was interviewed Thursday at the YWCA of Rock County CARE House. Morris was arrested Friday and didnít provide a statement to investigators.

If convicted, Morris faces a maximum 40 years in prison and a $100,000 fine. He is schedule to be back in court July 2.

Last updated: 2:01 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print