One dead in Beloit house fire

Print Print
Kayla Bunge
Thursday, January 21, 2010
— A man died as the result of a fire Wednesday morning at a home on the west side of the city, Beloit fire Capt. Dave Ferger said.

Authorities have not yet released the name or age of the man pending the notification of his family.

Firefighters at about 10:15 a.m. received a report of smoke coming from the house at 946 Grant St., Ferger said. They found a man unresponsive on the living room floor near the front door, he said.

The man was taken to Beloit Memorial Hospital for treatment, but he died not long after he arrived, Ferger said.

Firefighters have ruled the fire accidental, Ferger said. The fire started in the chimney of a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, he said.

The home, which is owned by Charles R. Anderson, was ruled a total loss, Ferger said. There were no working smoke detectors in the house, he said.

Last updated: 12:36 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print