Janesville71.7°

Beloit family displaced by house fire

Print Print
Steve Benton
January 4, 2010

A malfunctioning clothes drier is being blamed for a smokey house fire on Beloit's northeast side.


Firefighters responded to 2020 Walton Lane around 10:00 Sunday night. Lt. Shaun Eberdt says damage was heaviest around the origin of the fire.


The occupants were able to get out of the house without injury and the Red Cross is helping them with temporary shelter.


Damage to the house is estimated at $8000.



Print Print