2011 Janesville pet licenses available

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Friday, December 17, 2010
— The 2011 cat and dog licenses and Paw Print Park permits are now for sale.

All cats and dogs, age 5 months and older residing within the city limits, must be licensed (Municipal Code 06.04.020). A valid rabies vaccination certificate is required for licensing. A park permit cannot be purchased without a 2011 dog license.

Licenses and permits are available at the Janesville City Clerk-Treasurer's Office or Janesville Leisure Services, both located at 18 N. Jackson St. Licenses are $8 for animals that are spayed or neutered (proof required) and $13 for animals that have not been spayed or neutered. License renewals can be purchased until March 31. After that, a $10 late fee will be charged. The cost for a Paw Print Park permit is $15 for the first dog ($10 if the owner is age 60 or older) and $5 for each additional dog. If owners do not purchase a park permit, the park daily admission fee is $2.

The clerk-treasurer's office also will be sending pet license and park permit applications in utility bills. Applications started to be mailed in early December and will continue through March 2011 to reach all utility billing customers. Customers can then return the form and payment to have their license/permit mailed to them. Owners should send the rabies vaccination certificate and proof of spaying/neutering, along with their license form and payment check. There will be a $1 additional fee for mailed requests. The rabies vaccination certificate will be returned when the license is mailed.

The park is located at Prairie Knoll Park on Oakhill Avenue near the Highway 11 bypass.

The fine for keeping an unlicensed dog or cat in the city limits is $249.

Call (608) 755-3073 for more licensing information or (608) 755-3030 for more permit information.

Last updated: 3:48 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print