Milton attic fire causes $75,000 in damage

Print Print
Saturday, December 11, 2010
— An attic fire caused $75,000 damage and left a Milton couple without a home Friday morning.

The fire at 1126 E. Dellwood Drive was reported at 1:38 a.m. Friday, according to a lead dispatcher at the Rock County Communications Center.

The attic was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, and it took about 30 minutes to extinguish, Milton Fire Chief Loren Lippincott said.

The cause of the fire was electrical, Lippincott said.

“It started down in the back side of that house, where there was an electrical problem,’’ he said.

With both the natural gas and power cut off to the home, it is not livable, Lippincott said.

John and Cathy Kittleson have some friends to stay with, he said. Neither was injured.

Edgerton Fire Department provided mutual aid.

Last updated: 3:51 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print