Jammed belt suspected in fire

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Thursday, December 2, 2010
— A grain dryer was damaged Wednesday morning in a fire at The DeLong Co., 601 DeLco Drive, Clinton.

Officials from neither the Clinton Fire Department nor DeLong's on Wednesday night were able to report the official cause of the fire or the amount of damage.

Clinton Fire Chief John Rindfleisch said officials suspected a jammed unloader belt in the dryer might have been the cause.

The dryer was severely damaged, Rindfleisch said.

The fire was reported at 5:07 a.m., according to Rock County Communications Center reports. By 5:30 a.m., firefighters from Sharon, Turtle, Walworth, Milton, Fontana, Clinton and Harlem/Roscoe, Ill., were on the scene. No one was injured, and all departments were cleared from the scene by 9:30 a.m.

Last updated: 3:55 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print