Janesville68.6°

Fire damages DeLong Company corn dryer

Print Print
Steve Benton
December 1, 2010
— Clinton Fire Chief John Rindfleisch says a corn dryer, at the DeLong Company in Clinton, looked like a large candle when they arrived on the scene around 5 am.

The dryer was damaged extensively and Rindfleisch says it could cost as much as $300,000 to replace it.


The preliminary cause of the fire is a mechanical failure. Rindfleisch says the belt in the dryer stopped moving which caused the corn to overheat and ignite.


Clinton firefighters received mutual aid from a half dozen area fire departments. No injuries are reported.



Print Print