Investigators say Gun Club was burglarized before fire
An investigation showed the safe inside the business was open with cash missing, according to a sheriff's office news release. Top-shelf liquor also was stolen.
An accelerant, believed to be gasoline, was found in the dining room, office and bar area of the restaurant, according to court records. Burn patterns also were consistent with accelerant pours.
The fire was reported at 5:13 a.m. Aug. 7. The building was destroyed. The damage was estimated at $1 million, and the fire has been declared arson.
The Gun Club was a popular supper club for decades.
A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to arrests.
Last updated: 2:40 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012