Two found dead in Town of Milton

Print Print
Beth Wheelock
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Authorities suspect carbon monoxide poisoning killed two Town of Milton residents over the weekend.

On Saturday, Rock County Sheriff's deputies responded to a condominium complex on North Bay Shore Lane for a report of two people unconscious inside a residence. When family members called 911, they also reported a strong odor of exhaust fumes. Emergency personnel found 68-year-old James Folk and 66-year-old Joan Leith unresponsive and with no signs of life. Preliminary investigation suggests the two came home Friday night, shut the garage door, but left the engine of the car running. The victims then went upstairs to their living quarters and eventually went to bed. The garage is in the lower level of the condominium. When authorities investigated Saturday afternoon, the battery in the car was dead but the ignition was turned on. All residents of the complex were evacuated and seven were treated for signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The cause of death is still under investigation.

Last updated: 1:20 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print