Federal funds for airport improvements

Print Print
Steve Benton
Monday, November 2, 2009
— Federal funding goes a long way toward repairs at the Southern Wisconsin Regional Airport in Janesville.

Airport manager, Ron Burdick says the $881,953 will repair a taxiway and ramp. The ramp, or apron project, is under construction now and is expected to be completed some time later in the month. The other project begins with a design phase and construction is scheduled for next spring.

Burdick says the Federal Government will supply 95% of the funding, while the remaining 5% will be split between the state and county governments.

About 130 aircraft are based at the airport and there are about 77,000 take-offs and landings each year.

Last updated: 12:03 pm Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print