Janesville51.1°

Fire does $25,000 damage to Janesville home Tuesday

Print Print
Gazette Staff
June 10, 2009
— A malfunctioning electronic stove caused $25,000 damage to a house at 462 N. Chatham St. at 8:42 a.m. Tuesday.

The fire began in the upper portion of the two-unit building. Firefighters could not determine exactly what caused the stove to malfunction.


According to Scott Morovits, shift commander for the Janesville Fire Department, smoke was visible from home's upper windows when fire trucks arrived. The fire department's first crew had the fire contained and extinguished by 9:10 a.m., Morovits said.


Residents of the upper unit were not home when the fire started. Residents of the lower unit were home, but escaped without injury.



Print Print