Electric stove malfunction cause of apartment fire

Print Print
Steve Benton
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
— Janesville firefighters knock down a stove fire Tuesday morning and save a duplex from extensive damage.

Shift commander, Scott Morovits, says some workers across the street from the duplex, at 462 N. Chatham, noticed smoke coming from the upstairs windows and called 911.

Morovits says the cause of the fire is a malfunction in an electric stove in the kitchen. Damage is estimated at $25,000 to the contents and structure. No injuries are reported.

Last updated: 10:44 am Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print