Janesville apartment fire displaces four

Print Print
Gazette Staff
Thursday, August 27, 2009
— An apartment fire broke out in an eight-unit complex Wednesday after a child used a lighter inappropriately.

Two adults and two children lived in the wood-framed apartment at 2904 Carousel Lane, No. 2, which started on fire at 3 p.m., according to the Janesville Fire Department.

One resident in apartment No. 5, a dog and two cats were removed from the apartment building, according to the fire department.

One firefighter suffered a minor injury while evacuating a pet, according to the fire department, and two Janesville police officers went to Mercy Hospital in Janesville to be checked for smoke inhalation.

The estimated value of the apartment and its contents was $100,000, according to the fire department. George Christon of Whitewater owned the apartment.

Residents in apartment No. 2 were displaced because of the fire, according to the fire department. Other residents returned home.

Last updated: 11:04 am Thursday, December 13, 2012

Print Print