Delay in reporting South Beloit motel fire investigated
South Beloit Fire Chief, Ken Morse says they responded to the Ramada Inn at 200 Dearborn Avenue around 7:20 am Tuesday morning.
Light smoke could be seen from the roof upon arrival. Firefighters could also smell smoke in the building.
The fire was found in the vents from five clothes driers used by the motel staff. Morse says the cause of the fire is listed as a build up of lint. Damage is estimated at $5,000.
South Beloit was assisted by firefighters from Beloit, Town of Beloit, Rockton, and Harlem-Roscoe fire departments.
Last updated: 11:08 am Thursday, December 13, 2012